Get a Library Card
Lorain Public Library System (LPLS) Library Card Eligibility Requirements
If you are a resident of Ohio, you are eligible for a library card that is good at all locations of the Lorain Public Library System, at CLEVNET consortium member libraries located in 12 counties across northern Ohio, and for borrowing eBooks and other downloadable resources.
The following rules apply in order to have a library card issued:
- A completed Library Card Application form is to be brought to any Lorain Public Library System location with your photo identification and a proof of your current address in order to receive your free library card.
- Children up through 8th grade must have the signature of a parent or a guardian on the registration form. Parents must be present to provide identification and verification of address.
- Adults and children who do not need a parent’s signature must provide photo identification and proof of their current, permanent address. A birth date is required. (A post office box is not an acceptable form of proof of address identification).
- Children in 9th grade and above who do not have photo identification must have a signature of a parent or legal guardian on the registration form. Parents must be present to provide identification and verification of address.
- Library cards are issued for one year and must be renewed every year. Library cards are not renewed for borrowers who have outstanding fines or unreturned overdue items.
Bring this completed Library Card Application form to your local LPLS location.