Wi-Fi, Printing, Copying & Faxing Services
Public Wi-Fi at the Library
You can use your wireless computer to connect to the library network. The public Wi-Fi is an unsecured network, so you may connect to it at your own risk.
The following instructions and screenshot are given for a Windows 10 PC.
- A wireless computer that is 802.11b/g/n802.11b/g/n compatible
- A Web browser such as Chrome
- Antivirus software (recommended)
Configuration – Wireless Network Connection
From most libraries, the wireless network ID or SSID is called “Lorain Public Library” followed by the building name. When you open your wireless network window and see this network, you need to click on it and select the connect button that appears.
Your network card TCP/IP settings should be set to obtain an IP address automatically. If not, your computer will not be able to access the internet.
Public Printing From Library Computers
You may print documents and Web pages from the public computers at each library. Choose print, follow the on-screen instructions and go to the pickup location to get your printout.
- Black and White Printing: Each patron gets 50 cents of free printing each day (five pages). After that, it is 10 cents per page.
- Color Printing: All pages cost 20 cents each.
- You must pick up your printed pages within 24 hours.
Staff providing reference service to patrons may waive fees for printouts when the printouts are produced to complete a reference transaction with the patron.
Public Printing From Your Personal Device
You may use public printing with your personal device at the library or from your home. Click below on the location where you will pick up your printed pages. Follow the on-screen instructions and go to the pickup location to get your printout. You must pick up your printed pages within the regular business hours that same day. The same printing charges apply as mentioned above.
IMPORTANT: Non-standard file formats may not be recognized.
Standard files such as .doc and .pdf files work.
Main Library: https://www.printeron.net/lpl/ml
Avon Branch: https://www.printeron.net/lpl/avon
Columbia Branch: https://www.printeron.net/lpl/col
Domonkas Branch: https://www.printeron.net/lpl/dom
North Ridgeville Branch: https://www.printeron.net/lpl/nor
South Lorain Branch: https://www.printeron.net/lpl/sou
Public Printing From Your Smartphone or Tablet
We encourage using the Web browser on your smartphone or tablet. However you may choose to install a printing app instead.
- Visit your device’s app store, and install and launch the PrinterOn app.
- Click no printer selected.
- Click search. Search for the city of your library.
- Select the library name and printer, and save.
How to Print Using the App
- Documents: When viewing the document, click in the upper right corner and upload the document to the PrinterOn app
- Photos: From your phone, open the app, click on photo and select a photo to print.
- Select the printer and click the print icon.
- Enter an email address to identify your print job at the pickup location.
- Go to the pickup location within 24 hours to get your printout. The same printing charges apply.
Photocopiers are available for public use at each branch, as are fax machines for outgoing faxes only. Fees and additional items available are listed below:
- Photocopies: Black and White, 8.5 x 11 = .10/page
- Photocopies: Color, 8.5 x 11 = .20/page
- Photocopies: Black and White 11 x 17 = .10/page
- Photocopies: Color, 11 x 17 = .20/page
- Faxing (outgoing only) = free
- Flash Drives = $3.00 each
- Ear Buds = $1.00 each