THE Foundation of THE LPLS, Inc.
About the Foundation:
The Foundation of the Lorain Public Library System, Inc. was established in 2002 as an independent, non-profit entity. Its primary purpose is to raise funds to achieve the following:
* To further the educational objectives of the library on behalf of the community.
* To help provide support for capital projects, library expansions, new books, computer equipment, and other items.
* To sponsor special services such as literacy tutoring and reading programs.
* To advance all library goals, objectives, and priorities.
The Foundation is administered by a Board of Directors who are representatives of the community. Board members provide community input to the library and help promote the materials and services the library system provides.
The Foundation does not replace existing monetary resources. Rather, it provides leverage against challenges when traditional library funding is affected by unpredictable outside forces ensuring library services are uninterrupted for the Lorain County communities served. We are able to respond to traditional library needs as well as urgent and emerging needs identified by the library system to ensure continued services. Benefits of the Foundation and your gift include:
* Demonstrated commitment to the library mission and to the community it supports.
* Continued access to a wealth of no-cost educational and entertainment materials, classes, and programs.
* Assurance of a safe, quiet, accessible public space for personal, business, and community use.
* Opportunities to enhance traditional and non-traditional services.
Making a gift:
Your gift to the Foundation provides support for lifelong learning, youth and adult reading programs, community engagement and programming, technologies, and other amenities and services the library could not provide without additional support. A strong library system allows communities to better preserve their history, invest in lives today and build for the future. Show your commitment to the library by making a gift today. Every gift counts!
Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Examples of gifts include cash, in memorial, in honorarium, stocks, bonds, property, and planned giving.
For further information or to discuss other giving options, please contact:
The Foundation of the Lorain Public Library System, Inc.
P.O. Box 39194
North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039