Temporary LPLS Protocols for Safety
The six Lorain Public Library System branches are open to the public for regular business hours.
In order to make our libraries safe for everyone, we have made some changes. We ask that you please read and understand the new protocols in order to make your library visits pleasant and simple. We ask for your flexibility and patience as we do all we can to make everything as safe and easy as possible for both our staff and our patrons.
Our hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The North Ridgeville Branch and South Lorain Branch are both open on Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m. (October to April only).
Any patron, age 60 or older, living in Avon, Camden Township, Columbia Township,Eaton Township (the area in the Columbia Local School District), Henrietta Township, Kipton Village, Lorain, North Ridgeville, Sheffield Lake, Sheffield Township or Sheffield Village also qualifies for our free Books by Mail program. If you would like more information about this service, click here and select Books by Mail option.
Inside the Library:
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available upon entry.
- Maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Public computers are available and have been rearranged to allow for social distancing.
- Staff assistance may be limited in order to maintain social distance.
- Please do not re-shelve items. If you change your mind about an item simply place it on the provided cart at the end of the aisle.
- The toys in the children’s play area have been removed for safety.
- Please check our events page for the most up-to-date list of online, outdoor and in-person programs.
Picking up Holds:
Once you receive notice that your holds are available, bring your library card and pick them up via:
- Curbside service*
- Exterior holds lockers at Main, South Lorain, North Ridgeville and Avon branches
- Contactless pickup inside the library via self holds pickup and self-checkout
- Assistance from a staff member at the circulation desk – please hold your library card up so that the barcode can be scanned.
Please return materials into the book drops. This includes curbside patrons – please utilize the book drops for returned materials.
For specific questions, please email AskALibrarian@lpls.info or call your local branch during regular business hours.
*For more information on curbside service, click here.