FULL-TIME POSITION OPEN
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Develops, implements and oversees the human resources functions of the library system, and ensures compliance with applicable employment laws and Board policies, including serving as the Equal Employment Officer and coordinator of the Library's health and safety program.
Distinguishing Features of the Class:
This classification oversees the implementation and application of library human resources policies and programs in compliance with state and federal laws and administers the Library's collective bargaining agreement. Maintains extensive contact with outside agencies related to the human resources function, and with department heads, librarian supervisors and staff within the Library. The work requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the interpretation of approved policies and methods in relation to personnel matters under the general supervision of the Library Director.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends and develops personnel policies, procedures, programs and services for employees.
- Manages and coordinates the talent acquisition and talent development process (recruiting and retention).
- Oversees the orientation process for all new employees.
- Handles all employee relations situations. This includes but is not limited to counseling staff and managers regarding personnel matters, promotions, terminations, retirements, etc. in a confidential, objective and professional manner.
- Manages and maintains the Library's classification and compensation system; updates and maintains current position classification /job descriptions and salary structures; coordinates requests for re-classification.
- Assists the Director and/or Assistant Director in the interpretation and administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Bargaining Unit Exempt Policies; handle grievances and conduct disciplinary hearings.
- Orients, trains and assists managers and supervisors in the interpretation and application of personnel policies and procedures; coordinates the performance evaluation program.
- Serves as EEO Officer; implements the Library's EEO policies; investigates complaints; administers the Library Affirmative Action Plan; oversees compilation and filing of EEO reports.
- Oversees the collection and reporting of human resource information and data.
- Works with the Director and/or Fiscal Officer on benefit plan decisions, oversees the administration of the library's benefits ensuring compliance with ERISA, COBRA, etc.
- Maintains awareness of developments and trends in the field of human resources by attending workshops, meetings, conferences and reading professional literature.
- Serves as a member of the Library's Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of:
- the principles, practices, and methods of current human resource management,
- state and federal employment rules and regulations;
- benefits administration;
- employment records requirements;
- talent management and acquisition best practices
- library policies and procedures; policies, operations, functions and scope of the Library
- Leadership/management skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality and interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Able to effectively plan and organize work independently,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS expertise
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public with tact and courtesy,
- Able to work in a team environment; use independent judgment, and handle multiple priorities.
Education, Training and Experience:
Requires a bachelor's degree in human resources or related field, at least five years of related experience including labor relations, and completion of a professional human resource certificate program, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Salary depending on qualification and experience; excellent benefits. Pre-employment physical required.
Closing Date for Applications: Open until filled
Apply To: https://www.lorainpubliclibrary.org/about-lpls/employment-opportunities
EEO/AA/EQUAL ACCESS AGENCY