Computer & Wi-Fi Services
Public WI-FI and Printing - Using your wireless computer to connect to the Lorain Public Library System (LPLS) Internet and printing services*
The following instructions are given for a Windows 7 pc, and you may use them at your own risk.
*Wi-Fi printing access is available only at the Main Library in Lorain, South Lorain Branch, Domonkas Branch and the North Ridgeville Branch Library.
- A wireless computer that is 802.11b/g/n802.11b/g/n compatible
- A web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Anti-Virus software (recommended)
Configuration – Wireless Network Connection
The Library’s wireless network ID or SSID is called “lpls”. When your PC’s wireless card detects this network you need to right click on it and select the “connect” button that appears.
Your network card TCP/IP settings should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically”. If not, your computer will not be able to access the Internet.
Public Printing from the LPLS WI-FI
You must have local administrative rights on your computer to install the print client.
From the homepage click on the graphic button Wi-Fi Services (button list on right side of homepage). From this page click on the link for the Library you are in:
- Avon: http://10.10.31.20:30044/clientlauncher
- Domonkas: http://10.10.41.10:30044/clientlauncher
- Main http://10.10.10.10:30044/clientlauncher
- North Ridgeville http://10.10.22.10:30044/clientlauncher
- South Lorain http://10.10.50.15:30044/clientlauncher
Follow the instructions to install a temporary print client. Depending on the software you are using, you may be warned about running the program, but you will need to run it anyway to install the client. Once the client is installed, two printers will be added to your computer. A black and white printer will be set as your default. You also have the ability to print to a color printer.
When you print, you will be prompted for User ID. Type your name, or something that will help identify your print job. The program will tell you how much your print job will cost:
- Black and White: The first five pages are provided at no charge. Pages after the first five are ten cents each.
- Color: All color printouts cost fifty cents each.
Follow the on-screen instructions, and go to the pick-up location to get your printout.
When you stop the print client or you reboot your computer, the printers and print client will be automatically removed from your computer.