Lorain Public Library Systemís Got All The Hoopla!
Get Free Digital Movies, TV Shows, Music And Audiobooks!
Now borrowing materials from the library is as easy as streaming them online!
Gain access to thousands of titles.
How Hoopla Works:
You may stream the content online or download it for later use.
Get the content on your computer, some tablets or mobile phones.
Titles can be streamed on hoopla’s website or through its iOS and Android apps.
- Movies for 3 days
- TV shows – each episode counts as one download – for 3 days
- Music – entire albums count for one download – for 7 days
- Audiobooks for 21 days
You may borrow up to 10 items each calendar month.
There’s no waiting for titles because multiple patrons can check out the same title from hoopla simultaneously.
You don’t have to remember to return the digital materials because they will automatically expire.
How To Get Hoopla:
- Make Your Account.
- Visit www.hoopladigital.com or get the free hoopla app in Apple’s App Store or on Google Play.
- Click "Sign Up."
- Select Lorain Public Library from the list of libraries (under the heading “Library Info”).
- Set up your personal account by entering an email address, a password, your LPLS library card number, and your library card pin number/password. (This is the same password you use to log into your LPLS library account online. Call your local LPLS library if you don’t remember your pin number/password.)
- Click “Register.”
- In future log-ins, you will only need to enter your email address and hoopla password. (You will need to contact hoopla if you forget your hoopla password.)
- Download The Widevine Media Optimizer Media Plug-in.
As you attempt your first download, you will be prompted to download a plug-in called “Widevine Media Optimizer” that is required for hoopla streaming to work. Click “Install Plugin.”
If you experience difficulties downloading the Widevine plug-in, use this alternative plug-in link: http://www.widevine.com/download/videooptimizer/index.html.
- We Can Help You
If you have any questions on setting up or using your free hoopla account, ask our friendly staff for assistance! You can also bring your questions to our free Tech Help classes. See our online Events Calendar for future classes.
Get Started Borrowing
To borrow titles, click the Browse button to see the titles your LPLS library has made available through hoopla, or use Search to find exactly what you're looking for. Once you've found it, just click the Borrow button. Borrowed titles are shown in "My Titles."