Avon Branch Library Celebrates 20 Years At Current Location
The Avon Branch has been at their current location for two decades.
On Saturday, June 21 from 1 to 3 p.m., all ages are invited to celebrate at Avon Branch!
The Avon Branch Library is located at 37485 Harvest Drive, Avon 44011.
There will be fun games to play and a big cake to eat. The band Rio Neon will play folk jazz music from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Plus the library was recently remodeled. Come see the new look of the library, including new carpet and fresh paint.
For more information, call the Avon Branch at 440-934-4743.
Lorain Public Library System first started serving Avon through Bookmobile service. The community eventually wanted a more permanent location. Money was raised to renovate the Old Town Hall building, and in 1956 that became the first Avon Branch Library location. This building still stands today at the corner of Stoney Ridge and Detroit roads, but it now houses the Avon Historical Society.
After a few short years, the library became too cramped. In 1968, the library moved locations into a plaza on Detroit Road. This location served the community for the next 10 years but it too became cramped. So eventually the Avon Branch Library moved again. In 1983 the library moved to a location on Ridgeland Drive.
In 1991 a community group began to look for a permanent location for the Avon Branch Library. On June 13, 1994, the staff opened the new Avon Branch Library doors to serve the community in a 10,400-square-foot building on Harvest Drive.