Kelly Boyer Sagert
Kelly Boyer Sagert is a prolific writer who has written books, magazine articles, a play and has edited trade magazines, along with numerous business directories and travel planners.
Sagert helped the Lorain Public Library System celebrate its Centennial in 2001 by researching and writing a commissioned history of the library system. In addition to that book and her two earlier books she has sold more than 500 articles to magazines, newspapers and encyclopedias. Twelve of her articles have been selected for a "Best of Collection" for Economics Press. She speaks regularly on communications issues at writer's conferences and workshops, including those held at The Ohio State University, Youngstown State, Kent State University and Lorain County Community College.
In May 2009, her play about the Underground Railroad in Lorain County, was performed for the first time. The play was commissioned by the Lorain County Metro Parks and presented by TrueNorth Cultural Arts at the French Creek Nature Center.
- 'Bout Boomerangs: America’s Silent Sport. (1996)
- Behn’s Gift. (1998)
- Birth of Illumination: First Hundred Years of the Lorain Public Library System. (2001)
- Joe Jackson: A Biography. (2004)
- FabJob Guide to Become A Funeral Director. (e-book, FabJob, 2005)
- The 1970s: American Popular Culture Through History. (2007)
- Encyclopedia of Extreme Sports. (2008)
- FabJob Guide to Become a Fitness Club Owner. (e-book, FabJob, 2009)
- Freedom's Light: A Stop Along the Underground Railroad. (2009)
- Flappers : A Guide to An American Subculture. (2010)