The Friends of the North Ridgeville Branch Library, Inc.
About Our Group
The Friends of the North Ridgeville Branch Library, Inc., is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization of volunteer area residents who promote interest in the Library and plan fundraisers and programs. The North Ridgeville Library is a Branch of the Lorain Public Library System.
What We Do
The Friends plan, sponsor, and publicize programs and special events for the Library. These are some of the recent presentations or activities the Friends offered to the public:
- Sunday afternoon programs for all ages in January through March.
- Special events like Ice Cream Socials, Car Shows, the Noon Year’s Eve Party and the 10th Anniversary celebration of the North Ridgeville Branch Library opening on May 4th.
- A Silent Book Auction of first editions signed by the author during the month of April.
- Participation in North Ridgeville Community Events such as the Memorial Day and Corn Festival parades; Corn Festival booth; and Holiday on the Ridge.
- The Friends group continues to donate funds for special library upgrades such as the butterfly stained glass window and projector and sound system in the main meeting room, as well as the new announcement monitor behind the circulation desk and the new outdoor library sign.
Friends volunteer to help with the four book sales (January, April, July, and October) held at the North Ridgeville Branch Library each year. Members of The Friends of the North Ridgeville Branch Library, Inc. may attend the Friends Preview Book Sale held from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Thursday evening prior to the sale that opens to the general public.
|2013 Book Sale Dates:|
|Jan. 25-27||Members Preview: Jan. 24|
|April 26-28||Members Preview: April 25|
|July 26-27||Members Preview: July 25|
|Oct. 25-27||Members Preview: Oct. 24|
The Friends meet five times throughout the year at the North Ridgeville Branch Library. Meeting dates for 2013 are January 7th, March 25th, May 6th, July 8th and October 7th. Meetings start at 7:00 p.m. and are held in the meeting room.
As a Friend, you will join with others to play an important role as advocate between the Library and the North Ridgeville community.
Annual membership dues are due in January and are: $10 Friend; $5 Golden Friend (Senior Citizen); $25 Good Friend; $50 Best Friend; $75 Benevolent Friend; or $100 True Friend. Lifetime membership -- Friend For Life is $500. Dues are not tax-deductible.
New members and returning members may complete a membership form and turn it in at the Library Check Out Desk, or mail it to: The Friends of the North Ridgeville Branch Library, Inc. at P.O. Box 39002, North Ridgeville, OH 44039. Checks should be made payable to: The Friends of the North Ridgeville Branch Library, Inc.
New members and returning members may also renew their membership on any of the Preview Nights preceding the four Book Sales per year. For 2013, all new and returning members will receive a yellow Friends bag as a token of appreciation.