Say Hello To The Browser® Library Card – The Library Card For Kids!
Children ages 12 and younger can now get the Browser® library card – the Lorain Public Library System (LPLS) card for kids!
LPLS is always striving to get books into the hands of numerous children. This new children’s library card will help us accomplish just that!
“We want to give kids access to more books. It’s so important for helping kids improve their reading skills,” said Elaine Betting, youth services librarian supervisor at LPLS.
Unlike our regular library card, no parent signature is required for children getting a Browser® library card.
So if someone other than a legal guardian – a friend or another family member, etc. – brings a child to the library, that child can sign up on their own for a Browser® library card.
The Browser® library card may be used for borrowing three children’s books at a time, and may be used at any LPLS location. No AV materials (DVDs, CDs, etc.) may be checked out on the kids’ card; it’s only for checking out children’s books.
A child may have two LPLS cards - a Browser® library card and our regular LPLS library card. The regular LPLS card, which a parent/legal guardian must sign for, may be used to check out any library material with no restrictions.
Here’s the recap on our new Browser® library card:
• For children ages 12 and younger
• This card may only be used at Lorain Public Library System locations
• No ID is required to get the card but the child must know his/her date of birth and contact information (with help OK)
• No parent signature is required
• Only three children’s books may be checked out at a time
• No AV materials (DVDs, CDs, etc.)
• No holds or requests may be made with this card
• No overdue fines will be charged except for lost or damaged materials
• Replacement card fee is $1.00
• A child may have two library cards, a Browser® library card and a regular LPLS library card
Give children the greatest gift. Help them develop a love for reading by giving them our new Browser® library card!