Lorain Public Library System provides everyone with free, educational, informational and entertainment resources through responsive quality service to support lifelong learning throughout Lorain County.
Lorain Public Library System will be a gateway to the world of lifelong learning that illuminates and enriches the lives of those it serves; a catalyst for the vision and ideals of a literate society; an innovator in the use of technology and a promoter of civic engagement and the value of reading.
The Lorain Public Library System is committed to:
- Promoting intellectual freedom and free access to information, materials and services to support lifelong learning.
- Providing excellent service in a confidential, respectful and unbiased manner.
- Providing collections and services that are diverse, relevant and up-to-date.
- Providing a pleasant and secure environment where people experience a sense of community.
- Developing community partnerships to enhance our visibility and viability.
- Ensuring community representation in our leadership and decision-making.
- Providing an educated, well-trained, professional staff.
- Maintaining integrity and accountability to the public.
- Developing and maintaining a system of community based libraries reflecting the unique diversity of its citizens.
- Developing outreach services to extend services beyond our facilities.
Approved by Lorain Public Library System Board of Trustees Dec. 16, 2010